Amy graduated from the University of Birmingham with a BEng Honours in Engineering with Business Management. She then joined the Rail Industry, starting the Graduate Scheme at Bombardier Transportation in September 2007. Bombardier Transportation is the world leader in rail technology with a presence in more than 22 countries, with over 100,000 vehicles in operation. Since being with the company she has spent time with:
- Fleet Engineering, investigating issues with the day to day running of trains
- Integration Engineering, assessing modification submissions
- Materials Engineering, assessing the application of materials and their fire properties
- Depot Operations, working with the team to get the trains into service
- Predictive Services Engineering, working with the team to assess the maintenance plans
In September 2009 she starts her first appointment in Materials Engineering. She is also two years into her Initial Professional Development working towards Chartered Engineer status.
She can answer questions on studying Engineering, the Rail Industry, Graduate Schemes and Initial Professional Development.